Emcor working on behalf of Miller construction employed LDS to locate a leak on a recently installed fire main at there site in Bristol. Pegasus house in Filton Is one of Bristol’s most historically significant buildings. The site is currently under going a redevelopment along with the construction of the new head office for BAE air bus.
The pipe line had been pressure tested at various stages of its installation around the site. All of the tests had been passed until recently when a section of now buried pipe work has failed water pressure tests. The area was covered in compacted road stone in readiness for essential surfacing works.
LDS Leak Detection Specialists Ltd offer a leak detection service providing a non-destructive solution to finding leaks in any pipe work in both domestic and commercial properties. In contrast to traditional methods of large-scale excavation, LDS utilise specialist equipment coupled with our engineers technical expertise to locate hidden leaks quickly and accurately, saving both time and money.
- LDS engineers working alongside the installation contractors established a connection point.
- With the suspect section of pipe work isolated the tracer gas was introduced.
- The pressure loss was confirmed & the process of detection was commenced.
- The leak site was quickly located with the area marked for excavations later that day.
- The pipe work was accessed,the leak site repaired & the pipe line reinstated.
LDS offer a professional leak detection service and have a 99% success rate of finding leaks accurately due to our skilled engineers and various methods of leak detection techniques used. We have engineers all over the UK enabling us to provide a fast response. As a trusted partner of major insurance companies, plumbers and property owners we have helped thousands of people by finding leaks quickly and cost effectively, with minimal disruption. We are insurance approved for all ‘trace & access’ claims.