Domestic Leak Detection
At Leak Detection Specialists some of our day to day business includes domestic leak detection services and we realise how devastating a leak can be to your property.
Hidden leaks can be difficult to find causing damage and costly repairs. Our engineers will find your leak with minimum fuss, saving on expense and water damage to your home.
Our engineers can identify precisely the location of any hidden leak under the majority of surfaces with little or no damage to walls or floors.
Whatever your heating system,, whether it's old or new, our experienced engineer will be able to diagnose if the problem is in the boiler or the pipe work and accuratley locate the leak.
We have a 99% success rate in locating leaks in domestic properties, whether it is large or small.
We provide Leak Detection Services in all types of domestic properties nationwide:
• Leak Detection in Houses - Terraced, semi and detached, Private Homes & Estates
• Leak Detection in Flats, Maisonettes and apartments.
• Leak Detection in Housing Associations.
• Leak Detection using your home insurance 'Trace & Access'.
Your Home Leak Detection Specialists survey includes:
Once you have booked your survey with us, it is most important to check with your insurer to see if you have “Trace and Access” A majority of polices now have this cover! If you are covered for this, then your insurer should reimburse you in full, the total cost of our survey, we will even send a copy of the report to your insurance company for you!
Sign and Symptoms of Leaks
You may have a plumbing leak if . . .
1. You can hear the continuous sound of water (like a toilet running) when nothing is turned on.
2. Your water meter reading changes when you aren't using any water. (Mark the indicator on your meter; don't use any water for an hour; then check the meter. If the indicator moved, you may have a leak.)
3. Your water bill escalates over a period of weeks or months. (Compare your bills month to month.)
4. Your walls or floors have wet, spongy, moist or discolored areas when nothing has been spilled.
5. You can smell foul odors coming from floors or walls near drains or sewers.
6. Your building foundation cracks, vegetation grows unevenly, or earth shifts for no apparent reason.
7. You find warm spots on your floor, particularly on concrete slab floors.